Community + Opportunity + Healing
From the comfort and safety of their own apartments, Marguerite’s Place assists those who are striving toward living in community. Marguerite’s Place is designed to meet the needs of single women and non-binary people over the age of 30, without dependents in their care, living on low income, and facing barriers to stable housing. We assist those who want additional support to maintain housing and utilize a harm reduction approach, meaning applicants do not have to be sober to apply or be accepted.
Marguerite’s Place is a trans inclusive space, for transgender women and non-binary people. We strive to promote understanding that those who are in any way shape or form displaced, removed, or willingly/ forced to leave previous housing situations deserve the right to judgment free, exploitative free, and violent free means of living.
What do we do at Marguerite’s Place?
- Believe and promote a trauma-informed, holistic approach.
- Promote a sense of community through weekly meals and meetings.
- Develop personal support plans through referrals with residents looking to move forward.
- Provide comfortable lodgings and a safe, independent living lifestyle through our accessible, fully furnished bachelorette suites.
- Ensure on site social workers and staff that are available to meet the needs of residents looking to develop their life skills and offer around-the-clock support.
- Develop tools and knowledge on healthy relationships, life skills, and community connections to navigate challenges and crises.
- Connect residents with complimentary services.